Jr. High Track Meet Order of Events
1 - Hurdles - 100 meters (10 Hurdles) (30") 2 - Hurdles - 110 meters (10 Hurdles) (33")
3 - Dash - 100 meters or 100 yards 4 - Dash -100 meters or 100 yards
5 - Run - 1600 meters or One Mile 6 - Run - 1600 meters or One Mile
7 - Relay - 4x100 meters or 4x110 yards 8 - Relay - 4x100 meters or 4x110 yards
9 - Dash - 400 meters or 440 yards 10 - Dash - 400 meters or 440 yards
11 - Relay - 4x200 meters or 4x220 yards 12 - 4x200 meters or 4x220 yards
13 - Hurdles - 200 meters (30")** 14 - Hurdles - 200 meters (30")**
15 - Run - 800 meters or 880 yards 16 - Run - 800 meters or 880 yards
17 - Dash - 200 meters or 220 yards 18 - Dash - 200 meters or 220 yards Relay -
19 - Relay- 4x400 meters or 4x440 yards 20 - 4x400 meters or 4x440 yards
FIELD EVENTS: (order is optional)
Discus (1K) (2 lbs., 3.27 oz.) Discus (1K) (2 lbs., 3.27 oz.)
High Jump High Jump
Long Jump Long Jump
Shot Put (2.74K) (6 lbs.) Shot Put (4K) (8 lbs. 8 oz.)
Pole Vault Pole Vault
Other important notes:
- Running events typically begin 15-30 minutes after the Field events begin.
- The order of Field events varies at each meet.
- An athlete can only participate in 3 events in Jr. High Track
- Please pack a lunch with healthy food to eat after school/before meet-sandwich, fruit, crackers, water,granola bar, etc.
- Send additional food or $ for athletes to get food after competing-usually there's a concession stand
- All athletes should have a white shirt (short or long-sleeve depending on weather) to wear under jersey for meets
- Athletes must ride bus home unless leaving with a parent. An athlete can leave with another parent with written permission.
- Athletes not competing are allowed to attend meets and should adhere to all rules for those competing